Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, System Administration Secret - Clifton, NJ
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20232601-96246
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, System Administration
Job Code: SAS20232601-96246
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
- This is a senior technical position, requiring proficiency in Windows server administration: Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, DHCP, Site and Services, Users and Computers.
- Proficient experience in VMWare, Citrix, XenApp XenDesktop, and Nutanix clusters
- The infrastructure consists of virtual and physical servers supporting a variety of projects ranging from development to high-availability environments.
- Key responsibilities include: build, configure, troubleshoot and integrate new and existing systems; physical and virtual
- Support network systems in multiple secure/closed areas. Manage user accounts, as needed.
- Perform data back ups and restores.
- Assist leadership with business decisions related to performance management, maintenance, and projections to meet customer demand.
- Perform software installs and upgrades on server hosted applications.
- Proficient in Powershell Scripting.
- Manage day-to-day operations of Windows systems.
- Effectively communicate and work within a diverse management environment.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of systems.
- Provide technical support in person or via remote management tools to troubleshoot software and hardware alerts and failures.
- Ensure systems and related equipment are in working condition and performs upgrades as needed to maintain operational status.
- Provide timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of end users to appropriate next level of technical support personnel in alignment with established service level agreements.
- May require carrying and lifting tool kit/parts up to 40 lbs.; May require bending/squatting, walking/standing/sitting for prolonged periods
- 2+ years managing Windows systems, Nutanix environments and VMWare Virtualized environments
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent) and a minimum of 6 years of experience OR Graduate Degree with 4 years prior experience.
- CompTIA Security+, CISSP or any DoD 8570 IAT level I or higher approved certification.
- A combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Active Secret clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in systems administration managing an enterprise environment
- Windows server and workstation systems administration.
- Manage a virtual infrastructure on VMware ESXi with vCenter.
- Experience supporting NetApp storage and Fiber Channel switching infrastructure (Brocade).
- Support Virtual Machine and physical server deployments and troubleshooting.
- Windows system hardening and auditing to RMF, CMMC, DFARS, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53.
- Experience with the following applications:
- Nutanix AHV, VMWare ESXi and vCenter, VSAN
- Commvault, BackUpExec, Other back up platforms
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.