Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Quality Engineering
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20221506-84192
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Quality Engineer
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
IPC/ NASA trainer will provide workmanship training to all operators and inspectors on site (roughly 300 employees). The trainer will be responsible to evaluate manufacturing processes on the floor and provide unique product/ process specific assembly training as needed. Trainer will also be responsible to manage the ESD, FOD and Hardware Handling program on site in addition to providing training for these critical programs. As the ESD program coordinator, trainer will be required to manage ESD certifications/ stickers on workbenches and chairs.
Trainer should be able to communicate effectively and be able to improve processes through statistical and data analysis and support Quality Inspectors/Technicians to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system. Interface with customer quality representatives for communicating root cause, corrective actions.
- Provide training on IPC/ NASA certifications, FOD, ESD and Hardware Handling programs.
- Engage with operators and inspectors to address workmanship and assembly issues.
- Engage with engineering team to create mistake proof processes prior to start of production.
- Ensure ESD workbenches are certified to ANSI S20.20 standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 2 years' experience leading and/or participating in ISO9001 or AS9001 audits.
- Working knowledge of the NASA-STD-8739.1, 2, 3 4, or J-STD-001.
- Experience in Product Assurance.
- Strong communication skills reporting to senior leaders within the organization and customer.
- Strong data analytics experience trending quality performance history and project management skills to lead process improvement.
- Lean / Six-Sigma Green/Black Belt.
- Experience with performing Failure Analysis (FA) and Construction Analysis (CA) utilizing the necessary electrical tests and measurements.
- Familiar with or experience with assembly of complex mechanisms and assemblies.
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T) and APQP.
- Experience working with Reliability, Survivability and Components Engineering.
- Estimated travel is less than 20%.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.