Senior Specialist, Quality Engineer (Clifton, NJ)
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20211904-59875
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Quality Engineer
Job Code: SAS20211904-59875
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Production Quality Engineers are a key component to manufacturing defect free products and ensuring that our process is as efficient as possible. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong engineering, quality, and operations background interested in driving quality into our product.
- Strong interpersonal skill, ability to interact with various groups in fast-paced manufacturing environment (experience in a high-volume electronics manufacturing/testing environment is strongly preferred)
- Experience with circuit boards
- Collect and analyze test and defect data from relevant sources, and identify root causes
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to find root cause for systemic failures and implement corrective actions
- Lead/support in-depth investigations of quality issues (Non-Conformances, Process Problems, RCCA’s, Audit Observations, etc.) ensuring effective corrective/preventive actions occur
- Facilitate quality improvement initiatives to reduce defects and quality issues and make recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality analysis
- Analyze and document quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Perform trend analysis of defects. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Recommend corrective actions, dispositions, and modifications.
- Effectively communicate issue descriptions, improvement progress, and latest status to management
- Data analysis is strong plus (Tableau, MS Power BI, Excel.)
- Participate in CI/LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
- Knowledge of IPC 610 requirements – J-Std-001 a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Previous experience with Quality Engineering.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong communication skills reporting to senior leaders within the organization.
- Results-oriented, empowering though leader with direct experience exceling in a matrixed environment.
- Interpersonal skills: Engaging communicator, strong collaboration, patience, and open minded.
- Knowledge and experience in key Quality functions such as quality planning, contract review, creating quality procedures and documentation, inspection, root cause, corrective and preventive actions, MRB/non-conforming disposition, internal/external process audits, and CCB process.
- Chairing failure review boards (FRB).
- Experience leading and/or participating in ISO9001 or AS9001 audits.
- Strong data analytics experience trending quality performance history and project management skills to lead process improvement.
- Lean / Six-Sigma Green/Black Belt a plus.
- Familiar with Configuration Control Management.
- Familiar with or experience with assembly of complex mechanisms and assemblies.
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T) and APQP.
- Experience working with Reliability, Survivability and Components Engineering.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.