Senior RF Subsystems Electrical Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20210504-59133
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior RF Electrical Engineer
Job Code: SAS20210504-59133
Job Location:Clifton, NJ
Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, modifying, evaluating and integrating Radio Frequency (RF) hardware at the subsystem level. Primary area of focus will be on Electronic Warfare (EW) applications. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. Able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability. May also review vendor capability to support development and manage supplier technical performance.
- Analyze top level specifications for RF subsystems and develop top level architecture, including partitioning of functionality amongst lower level subassemblies
- Decompose specifications into detailed functional requirements at the card/module level
- Perform detailed electromechanical design of top-level subsystem in coordination with all design functions
- Oversee cost/schedule/technical progress of RF subsystems
- Develop test specifications and execute design verification tests for RF Subsystems, support integration at system level
- Review the work of junior engineers and provide guidance where needed, perform technical mentoring
- US DoD Secret security clearance or equivalent
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field and 9 years of related experience, OR, M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field and 7 years of related experience
- Experience with and understanding of key RF parameters (bandwidth, gain compression, intermodulation distortion, noise figure, spurious emissions, etc.)
- Experience with top level RF system design tools (Genesys, SystemVue, or equivalent)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with subassembly level RF design (circuit card and/or RF module)
- Experience leading complex root cause/corrective action analyses
- Familiarity with earned value measurement, experience as an integrated product team leader
- Experience with requirements management software (DOORS, etc.)
- Understanding of operation and theory of EW systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.