Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Level Industrial Engineer
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20220809-90155
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Spec, Manufacturing Engrg/Industrial Engineer
Job Code: SAS20220809-90155
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
L3Harris is searching for talented Industrial Engineers to support the production of next generation, high-speed avionics and space hardware. This position will focus on implementing Industrial Engineering tools and methodologies to systematically analyze and improve the manufacturing of high-performance avionics hardware including Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA), Sub-Assemblies and Chassis assemblies. Experience with the application of cornerstone Industrial Engineering topics/methodologies is imperative.
- Collects and analyzes data to support studies pertaining to any manufacturing/operations system including cost reduction, lead time optimization, capacity planning, machine utilization, inventory control, etc.
- Able to create, utilize, or implement data modeling to support a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Able to analyze, model, and plan daily logistics and workflow to ensure maximized manufacturing and test throughput.
- Identifies the concerns of the customer (both Internal or External), actively listens to understand their needs and therefore propose solutions.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to support facility planning and/or facility layout planning for manufacturing and test facilities.
- Able to read, interpret, and understand technical drawings and specifications and plan a manufacturing process based on these requirements.
- Provide and implement continuous improvement ideas to drive out waste while increasing safety and quality.
- Interface with complex hardware including circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronic assemblies, cable harnesses, and higher-level system assemblies.
- Implement automation on manual processes (e.g. torque, dispense chemicals, etc.)
- Support root cause and corrective action processes.
- Work alongside Program Management, Project Engineering, Operations Leadership, Quality, Test, and Reliability Engineering functions to achieve common program and operational goals.
- Prioritize and execute in an environment of many concurrent tasks/responsibilities.
Qualifications: (refer to http://my.harris.com/careerframework)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (mechanical, electrical, aerospace, manufacturing, or industrial engineering) and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with application of Industrial Engineering principals to improve Manufacturing Systems including facilities planning, capacity planning, mistake proofing, 3P, 5S+1, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Root Cause Analysis, Cause & Effect, Gemba, Pull-Flow, etc.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Industrial Engineering degree
- Active DoD Secret clearance (or higher)
- Experience with CCA manufacturing process, cables, and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance preferred but not required.
- Familiarity in Control or similar MRP based system and Aegis based Manufacturing Execution System
- Knows Aegis based Manufacturing Execution System (i.e. Fusion V7, FactoryLogix)
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and/or Pro-E, technical writing, MS Project and/or MS SharePoint.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Working knowledge and general understanding of IPC -6012, IPC-6013, IPC-A-600 and IPC 6018
- Background in manufacturing of electronics for Military and Government Systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.