Senior Associate, Production Planner
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20213003-58940
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Associate, Production Planner
Job Code: SAS20213003-58940
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Job Description: Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors final approval of products through the complete production cycle to meet production requirements. Works from engineering plans and production specifications to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Advises management of the status of work in progress, coordinates with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain and interfaces with engineering and program management as well as external customers. Ensures availability of materials and labor to meet production requirements and delivery commitments. Works to resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions
- Works under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area. Communicates with contacts inside and outside own team to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures Identifies and addresses changes within own job area. Works to achieve operational targets with some impact on departmental results.
- Work consists of making basic adjustments to systems and processes to solve problems. Identifies, defines and addresses general problems that are typically within the immediate job area. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or standard procedures and basic analysis.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area with some impact on department results. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret Clearance to support government contracts, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements.
- Microsoft Suite
- MRP experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.