Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Advanced Concept Engineer - Electronic Warfare-Top Secret Clearance
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20222111-93737
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Advanced Concept Engineer - Electronic Warfare-Top Secret Clearance
Job Code: SAS20222111-93737
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Invent the future by leading technical strategy and customer technical discussions in the area of Electronic Warfare. Build relationships with and work alongside customers to understand their mission needs and translate those into technical specifications for design teams. Lead cross-functional engineering teams to successfully architect next generation systems, perform system trades, and execute the development strategy. Prepare clear and compelling technical responses to RFIs and RFPs leveraging our market-leading technology.
- Write technical responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Architect electronics solutions for EW systems
- Lead internal teams to develop best value, optimized solutions
- Develop technology roadmaps and advocate for internal investment for strategic technology advancement
- Perform market, competitor, and capability analysis for strategic planning
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Act as primary technical point of contact for customers
- Represent primary voice of the customer to internal teams
- Establish intra-company and industry teams for joint pursuits
- Present clearly and concisely to customers and internal leadership
- Must have a strong set of core competencies including Problem Solving, Team Leadership, Strategic Thinking / Planning, Communication, IPT / Cross Functional Behavior, Accountability, Critical Thinking, and the highest level of Ethical Conduct.
- Travel expected to support customer meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or other equivalent field
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- 10 years Electronic Warfare design experience
- Experience with business capture
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner, including executive presentations, Program updates with internal & external stakeholders, etc
- Team leadership experience
- MS in Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience with Open System Architecture (OSA) systems
- Experience developing product/technology roadmaps
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.