Reliability Engineer (New Grad - Palm Bay, FL)
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20212503-58670
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Reliability Engineer (New Grad – Palm Bay, FL)
Job Code: SAS20212503-58670
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Reliability Engineer supporting various programs within Electronic Warfare Systems. Typical tasks include performance of Reliability Analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Environmental Qualification Test (EQT), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)Testing, Availability Analysis, Maintainability Analysis, FRACAS and Sustainment Activities.
- Generate Reliability Plans and Procedures
- Interpret and allocate reliability/availability requirements
- Perform Reliability, Maintainability, Availability Analyses
- Conduct Reliability and Availability Redundancy Trades
- Perform sparing analysis in support of availability requirements and sustainment activities
- Knowledge of mechanical reliability concepts and equations
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously during development and production stages
- FMEA and FMECA Analyses
- Environmental Qualification Test (EQT) Processes
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)Testing Processes
- Must have the ability to obtain clearance which typically
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Aviation, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- MS or PhD preferred
- Knowlege with MIL-HDBK-217F, Telcordia, MIL-STD-1629A and MIL-HDBK-1547A
- Knowledge with Prediction software tools like PTC Windchill Quality Solutions, and Item Toolkit etc.
- Knowlege on Building of component level failure rate models
- Knowlege on FMECA, ESA, RMA and FTA analysis
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Knowledge with reliability demonstration testing, thermal cycling, burn-in and vibration
- Team player able to work in small or large team environments and have strong written and communications skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.