L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Procurement - Buyer - Clifton, NJ
Job ID: SAS20190811-34646
L3Harris Corporation is looking for a Buyer to join its Procurement team in its Clifton, NJ location. Duties include:
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings/schematics to understand the procurement and manufacturing requirements.
- Sources and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment and maintains necessary records.
- May prepare bid packages.
- Frequent internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects.
- Prepare proposal requests consistent with the requirements of the contract.
- Develop new sources of supply based on quality product, on-time delivery and competitive pricing.
- Solicit and award purchase orders consistent with the requirements of the contract.
- Participate and contribute to departmental and company-wide process improvements and lean initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related field and a minimum of 4 years of prior supply chain experience; OR 2 years post-Secondary/Associastes Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior supply chain experience; OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior supply chain experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MRP system skills.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain principles and concepts in defense contracting.
- Knowledge in the procurement processes of military grade products.
- Knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Acquisition Regulations (DFAR).
- Experience purchasing electronics, custom metal fabricated parts, cable and wiring harnesses, and / or complex electrical components and assemblies.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills including use of pivot tables, lookup tables, etc.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.