Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manufacturing Engineer (New Grad - Clifton, NJ)
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20231109-105882
What makes a successful early career professional at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer (New Grad - Clifton, NJ)
Job Code: SAS20231109-105882
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support manufacturing in the development and improvement of manufacturing processes site wide. The type of hardware produced at this L3Harris location is
often complex, containing circuit card assemblies, pneumatically driven mechanical assemblies, structural assemblies, antennas, cable harnesses and higher-level system assemblies. This position will focus on the release systems produced on site.
- Developing, configuring, and optimizing industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification
- Participate in reviews and respond to plant production quality issues.
- Lead reviews of the manufacturing processes for quality compliance and efficiency.
- Use of Lean Six Sigma tools to lead development and implementation of Lean Initiatives to drive continuous product improvements, integrate automation solutions and increase yield.
- Designing and implementing manufacturing tools and fixtures
- Generate manufacturing assembly documentation and provide direct support of personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing, inspection, and test operations
- Demonstrated ability using FMEA & DOE techniques to determine root cause and execute corrective actions of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, test failures, etc.
- Collaborates with Design Engineering to review and evaluate New Product Development (NPD) drawings, drive new designs toward optimized production processes which ensure the producibility of the hardware, engage with Suppliers early in the Design process
- Analyze ECOs (engineering change orders) impact to Operations including, material in stock, work in process, and work outsourced to suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in related Engineering field
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, able to work successfully both independently with minimal oversight and in a Team environment
- Two years of prior related experience, DoD experience preferred
- Good communication skills, including the ability to generate and deliver effective presentations to Customers (such as Manufacturing Readiness Reviews), Management and peers
- Knowledge of MRP and development of MBOMs
- Experience in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production
- Support 5S improvement activities
- Identify and facilitate implementation of facilities changes as required to support rate
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Proficiency in CAD, prefer AUTOCAD or PTC Creo, to design manufacturing tools and fixtures preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.