Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20222306-85051
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
Job Code: SAS20222306-85051
Job Location: Clifton NJ
Job Description: By leveraging lean principles, this individual will drive continual improvement initiatives to reduce safety and environmental risk in our processes and identify sustainability opportunities. The EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with internal customers to influence change through non-obstructive, systemic solutions to EHS challenges. The EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise, and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must guide operations leaders and site EHS professionals in implementing and sustaining company EHS policies and assist the regional EHS leader in driving segment and corporate EHS objectives.
- A successful candidate will be well-rounded and experienced in environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Leads EHS programs with both direct and matrix reporting responsibilities.
- Interacts directly with sector, site, and functional leadership in the development and execution of EH&S initiatives and objectives.
- Actively promotes a zero injury culture across all employees and functions.
- Leads and cultivates a team of EH&S professionals to support actions and meet the company’s EH&S goals and compliance obligations.
- Serves as expert resource to the company for maintaining all facility required environmental permitting, plan development, reporting and inspection activities.
- Remains current with all applicable regulations and company policies and implements appropriate programs to ensure compliance.
- Executes ISO 14001/45001 compliant EH&S management system elements.
- Uses common EHS tools and platforms to meet corporate reporting requirements and enhance employee engagement and commitment.
- Supports the sector’s successful completion of both internal and external risk assessments, audits, and inspections.
- Reviews investigations completed for the root cause of any injury, accident, illness or near miss arising in the course of business operations. Supports dissemination of information and lessons learned across the company.
- Assesses adequacy of EHS training.
- Reviews new designs, processes, and projects to identify and eliminate EHS impacts.
- Performs other similar tasks as required and assigned
- 10+ years of environment, health, and safety experience including personnel management and experience leading EHS initiatives OR Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior environmental, health, and safety experience, including personnel management and experience leading EHS initiatives OR Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience OR equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 management system requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analysis skills
- Exhibit sound judgment and professionalism in all situations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Clearance if desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.