Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Program Manager - Up to $20,000 Sign-On Bonus
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20220407-86100
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Program Manager - Secret Clearance (Up to $20,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Job Code: SAS20220407-86100
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
The Advanced Programs Enterprise is seeking a Lead Program Manager to support an ongoing classified sustainment program. The individual will report to the Principal PM Lead and work closely with other Program Managers as well as Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Finance departments to coordinate and manage the execution of the program in accordance with L3Harris processes and procedures. The position is located in Clifton, NJ.
• Responsible for managing all phases of programs from inception through completion
• Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs
• Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs
• Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
• Establishes design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test
• Expands the product line with the customer
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules
• Identifies program problems and obtains solutions such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications
• Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, and administrative areas
• Montiors, controls, and reports on program status, performance, and metrics inclusive of EVM
• Works under consultative direction against annual goals and objectives with minimal oversight or direction
• Provides guidance, coaching, and training to other employees across the Company within area of expertise
• Responsible for managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization involving large cross-functional teams
• Communicates within and outside of the organization which includes larger customers or vendors
• Works to influence others to accept team's view/practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices, and approaches
• Communicates and influences leadership regarding matters of substantial importance to the function or business area
• Frequently conducts briefings to senior leaders and customers
• Recognized as an internal expert and thought leader in area of expertise with broad experience across multiple job areas
• Responsible for improving upon existing processes or establishing new systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation
• Develops or champions new concepts or technologies
• Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are often complex, requiring broad-based consideration of variables that impact multiple functions and/or businesses
• Extensively analyzes problems to seek understanding of the root cause of the problem
• Recommends tactics and strategies that will directly impact the achievement of overall business or functional results
• Establishes tactics for group with short- to mid-term impact on results (e.g., 1-2 years)
• Recommends new products, processes, policies, standards, or operating plans in support of job function strategy
• Active Secret Clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience; Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior relevant experience
• Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Solid technical background with strong business acumen
• Experience implementing strategies to influence external stakeholders for business advantage
• Knowledge of Government contracting practices, Earned Value Management (EVMS), and standard program reporting metrics
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
• Experience planning, organizing, and directing work that provides best value solutions to the customer and L3Harris
• Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them
• Pursuit and proposal development experience
• Active Top Secret Clearance and/or ability to obtain elevated clearances
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.