Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20211202-56553
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Assembler
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Job Code: SAS20211202-56553
L3Harris Corporation is seeking Electro-Mechanical Assemblers for Clifton, NJ location.
- Implement modifications to electronic subassemblies, based on engineering documentation, with assistance as needed.
- Assembly and/or repair of upper level units per process documentation, with assistance as needed.
- Ability to build/wire/assemble most subassemblies, with assistance as needed.
- Assembly of production non-semi-rigid cables and small harnesses, in accordance with process documentation, with assistance as needed.
- Perform final cleanup and OSI inspection of R&O and production builds (i.e. paint touch-up, hardware inspection, labels and marking).
- Mechanical installation of simpler backplanes, circuit cards and other types of electrical subassemblies, with assistance as needed.
- Responsible to check and ensure that MSDS labels, shelf life stickers and calibration stickers are current on chemicals, compounds, applicable tools and support equipment, as required.
- Perform simple repairs to new and existing cables and units (i.e. soldering wires and replacing components on subassemblies), with assistance as needed.
- Application of adhesives, thermal media and thermal compounds per documentation from process books or manufacturer’s information, with assistance as needed.
- Verify mechanical dimensions are met per drawing specifications, using a Vernier caliper, micrometer, or other measuring devices, as required.
- Operation of Brady label making equipment, using BarTender Software, with existing label formats, with assistance as needed.
- Proper use and maintenance of torque tools, soldering equipment, crimping tools, and other assembly tools and equipment.
- Operation of wire stripping machines, with assistance as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience assembling Circuit Card Assemblies and/or Electronic Modules Assemblies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to perform high reliability soldering and use a drill press.
- Able to work utilizing a microscope.
- Possess the ability to read & build from engineering drawings, parts lists, configuration management reports, engineering change notices & methods instructions with assistance as needed.
- Candidate should have good communication skills and work well with others.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.