Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Program Management
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20232002-97422
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Program Management
Job Code: SAS20232002-97422
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Director of Program Management. In this leadership role the individual will be responsible for overall program management and is accountable for program execution, customer satisfaction, and financial performance. This position will have a direct interface with customers, suppliers, and stakeholder leadership. The role includes responsibility for guiding L3Harris’ employees in their work and influencing them to deliver their best and to act within the L3Harris corporate values. The position is located in Clifton, NJ and will report directly to the VP/GM.
• Lead an Enterprise of complex DoD Electronic Warfare (EW) programs spanning Development, Production, and Sustainment
• Solve highly complex problems with significant business impact
• Accountable for the cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements of the portfolio through all phases
• Develop, manage, track, and report financial forecasts
• Provide executive level briefings to key internal and external stakeholders
• Direct the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contracts
• Manage a team of Program Managers, to include providing programmatic and technical leadership, coaching, mentoring, and succession planning
• Cross-functional coordination with matrixed leadership to accomplish business objectives
• Ensure that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production, and facilities are available to support the program
• Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, and administrative areas
• Develop and execute business roadmaps and strategies to grow the portfolio
• Define program parameters and/or guiding internal research and development efforts
• Work with customers to determine needs, requirements, and new business opportunities
• Ensure customer satisfaction, maintaining customer communication, and providing overall management of the customer relationship
• Position reports directly to the Division General Manager
• Occasional travel required
• Active Secret Clearance, with eligibility for higher level accesses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or technical field with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience; Or, Graduate Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience
• Proven leadership experience
• Experience managing programs within a DOD or Aerospace environment
• Understanding of customer procurement processes and government funding approval
• Solid technical background and strong financial skills
• Program strategy and capture experience
• Earned Value Management System experience
• Experience leading cross functional teams and working across different business organizations and customer communities
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral, written, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Experience with customer and stakeholder communication
• Ability to travel
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Previous Electronic Warfare experience highly desired
• PMP or equivalent highly desired
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.