Clifton - Lead, Systems Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Title: Systems Engineer - Lead - Clifton, NJ
Job ID: SAS20201501-39048
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation activities in support of programs and development efforts.
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements, and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Cost, Risk, and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal)
- Work in a highly dynamic hardware & software development and integration lab
- Support/lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into a system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related field.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience in the following:
- RF Source and measurement instruments (i.e. Spectrum analyzer, Vector Analyzer, Signal Generators, etc.) Probability, statistics, random processes, communications theory, estimation theory, digital signal processing
- Technical principles, theories and concepts of basic RF transmitter, receiver, and antenna design principles
- 9+ years working experience of technical principles, theories and concepts of RF transmitter, receiver, and antenna design principles
- 9+ years working experience of Software components including firmware, operating systems, drivers, applications and other computing system software
- 9+ years working experience of hardware components including electrical equipment, digital processing hardware (ASIC, CPLD, FPGA), circuit boards, microprocessor systems, computer system architectures and interfaces
- MS in Electrical Engineering, or other related field
- Knowledge of embedded processors and digital hardware
- Ability to lead a complex effort, collaborate with HW/SW design functions in the design and development of a system
- Understanding of applicable programming and scripting languages for analysis and test (such as MATLAB, Excel/VBA, and programming languages such as C/C++, Perl, Python)
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering requirements of DoD Directive 5000.01 Defense Acquisition System
- Working knowledge of SysML and/or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) principles for System Level design of EW components.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.