Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Chief Systems Engineer - Electronic Warfare
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20222906-85571
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Chief Systems Engineer - Electronic Warfare
Job Code: SAS20222906-85571
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
The Chief Systems Engineer - Systems Engineering, Electronic Warfare position will be responsible for the technical execution of all programs under the ALQ-172 enterprise in Clifton, NJ. The Chief Systems Engineer - Systems Engineering, Electronic Warfare will report to the Electronic Defensive Solutions Engineering Manager.
The Chief Systems Engineer - Systems Engineering, Electronic Warfare is also responsible for leading a program enterprise. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical direction to all current enterprise programs, leading the achitecture development of all new enterprise pursuits, providing customer briefings on current programs and additionally on new technology and where it can by applied. The position involves close collaboration with other L3H programs to ensure commonality in system designs and opportunity for growth where possible. The position will also provide coaching and development for the enterprise engineering staff as well as oversight and direction for the entire enterprise.
- Provide ALQ-172 subject matter expert technical leadership, maintain customer communications, and be the technical authority for the enterprise
- Understand customer mission, customer sets, drives technical strategy within the enterprise
- Must be able to effectively interface with program management and customers.
- Supports new pursuits for the enterprise to include all phases of campaigns and proposal processes, serve as a technical leader for new pursuits.
- Responsible for Enterprise Technical Roadmaps and leads IRAD execution within the enterprise
- Engineering POC for program accomplishments, issues, highlights, weekly status within the Enterprise Portfolio
- Drives to ensure adoption of common architecture frameworks and prevent unique product implementation at proposal phase/concept design within the portfolio
- Identifies opportunities for engineering improvements (e3) for people, process, and tools within the division
- Must have a strong set of core competencies including Problem Solving, Team Leadership, Strategic Thinking / Planning, Communication, IPT / Cross Functional Behavior, Accountability, Critical Thinking, and the highest level of Ethical Conduct.
- Active Secret Security Clearance, US Citizenship required
- ALQ-172 System Subject Matter Expert
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline with 15+ plus years of relevant experience – OR – Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline with 13+ plus years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience in an Engineering leadership role, such as: Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead
- Experience with Electronic Warfare Programs and/or products related to the B52-H platform including but not limited to:
- 3U Open VPX Technology
- Software Defined EW
- Machine Learning
- Direct RF Sampling technology
- A-Kit Design and Modification
- High Power Transmitter Design
- High Power Output Switching using Ferrite technology
- Phased Array Antenna Systems
- Electronic Countermeasures development for large aircraft protection
- Multi LRU ECM subsystems
- Experience or knowledge in the L3Harris and Warner Robins AFB WNY Engineering processes
- Experience interfacing with Electronic Warfare Officers, understanding needs and managing expectations
- Experience on large scale Hardware / Software Engineering development efforts
- Experience on large scale Hardware Environmental Qualification testing efforts
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner, including executive presentations, Program updates with internal & external stakeholders, etc
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in Electronic Attack, Radar Systems, ELINT Systems, Multi-Sensor Fusion, and RF Systems related to strategic bomber platforms such as the B52-H
- Familiarity with the mission of the B52-H and its future with USAF
- Experience in the System Design of Embedded System Architectures
- Experience in the Digital Engineering, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE), and System Simulation
- Thorough understanding of Cyber Security best practices
- Competency making decisions with imperfect and incomplete information
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable results
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with external organizations
- Ability to obtain higher level security clearance if needed
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.