Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Strategic Engineering Operations Leader
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20222306-85068
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Strategic Engineering Operations Leader
Job Code: IMS20222205-82770
Job Location: Mason, OH
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
At L3Harris, we apply our passion to push the frontiers of advanced technology. Be part of L3Harris’ Digital Engineering transformation to accelerate development and delivery of high-payoff solutions to the warfighter!
We are seeking a dynamic Strategic Engineering Operations Leader to join our L3Harris team in Mason, Ohio. The Strategic Engineering Operations Leader will support the Space & Sensors Division’s engineering department with specific focus on engineering planning, workforce management, Continuous Improvement (CI), execution, and delivering data/analysis to support and inform decisions executed at the individual team level up to the business level. This leader will work with Engineering Department Managers and other functional leaders to identify and solve our most pressing strategic and operational challenges, and will conduct analysis to identify inefficiencies, conduct research to establish key operational benchmarks / metrics, build and improve processes to enable the business to scale, and drive projects by developing problem statements, building work plans, structuring/performing data analyses, and refining insights.
This role is primarily focused on strategic outcomes and execution, including business planning, long-term customer relationship management, and operational reporting (to the DoE and executive management). The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational skills, and be experienced with engineering development processes and tracking tools including data analysis and reporting functions. He/she will have shown the ability to generate deliverables that provide insights into the organization’s capacity and demand, identify and manage risk, support early detection of project execution issues, and provide fact-based information and analyses to various stakeholders. He/she will have demonstrated the ability to multi-task across multiple strategic workflows and deliverables, spanning financial planning, capacity planning, and project planning / execution.
The Strategic Engineering Operations Leader will enable engineering and business growth through a focus on efficiency and sustainability. He/she will make it easier for our team of outstanding engineers and managers to focus on delivering customer value by bringing operational expertise to every aspect of the organization from employee lifecycle to delivery processes. He/she will work with Engineering Senior Leadership to identify and prioritize improvements across our organization. He/she will drive long-term planning cycles, coordinating inputs from both inside and outside of engineering, to align goals with enterprise strategy. Then he/she will ensure everyone involved has what they need to achieve those goals.
When you join L3Harris Space & Sensors, you will be an integral part of an innovative and fast moving team where you will lead the collaboration with engineers and scientists to build and deliver mission-critical space avionics and electronic subsystems, and InfraRed (IR) sensor products. You should have in-depth engineering leadership experience in strategic operations for a wide range of programs, projects, contracts, and organizations. The successful leader will bring their passion for engineering execution excellence and delivering business level results, and have:
- Willingness to test solutions while defining the sustainable approach.
- Comfort holding people accountable above, below, and around him/her.
- Ability to ask the right questions to help prioritize outside his/her own areas of expertise.
- Strong opinions developed through experience and the ability to adapt those experiences to new environments.
- A desire to pursue excellence through small increments of improvement.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Create value for the business by driving execution and engineering excellence across all programs supported by Engineering.
- Be able to translate business needs into strategic planning and tactical execution within Engineering.
- Develop standard work for planning, execution, and tracking across all Engineering departments, and ensure data completeness and accuracy.
- Develop and track key metrics to drive engineering excellence throughout the organization.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Finance, and Contracts to ensure budget, contractual commitments, and forecasting is well understood and communicated to key stakeholders.
- Regularly and clearly communicate with key stakeholders of program level execution and help diagnose any discrepancies.
- Create and maintain engineering resource demand across all Engineering departments to ensure data driven decisions are executed for resource allocation and work with department managers and HR to create strategic workforce plans.
- Provide insights into engineering capacity, resource contention, the impact of future work (demand) on capacity, financial and skills planning, and trade-offs within the demand/capacity.
- Provide various analyses and reports, presentations, and spreadsheets to support fact-based situational awareness and decision-making within the Engineering department.
- Identify bottlenecks in our existing systems and processes, as well as our ability to scale, and fix them systematically.
- Seek ways to simplify and standardize designs, operations, and deployment plans, focus on reducing complexity and providing performance, agility, and scalability.
- Structure ambiguous problems and partner with leadership to find workable solutions to those problems.
- Conduct internal and external research on best practices.
- Support buildout of information and knowledge management to support scalability.
- Simplify and consolidate metrics, processes, and tools to enable everyone to get their job done with minimal overhead, and allow the people closest to the problem to make the right decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of applicable engineering experience.
- Extensive experience with strategic operations including milestone generation and tracking, resource management, and technical execution of development programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to work well within and outside of the organization including customers, vendors, and leadership with minimal oversight.
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with detailed information, including financial, technical tasks and workflows, and deliverables/action items.
- Self-motivated, driven, and results-oriented.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Prior strategic operations experience leading a team of 200+ engineers and $200M+ annual budgets.
- Strong financial perspective with a focus on return on investment for engineering effort.
- Able to provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the engineering team.
- Prior experience creating and implementing organization wide operations processes and metrics.
- Able to consult and facilitate diverse stakeholders in defining and prioritizing key tasks.
- Graduate degree in engineering.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to hear and speak.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds, with assistance.
- Typical office environment.
- Able to work additional hours as needed to ensure responsibilities are met.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.