Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer - RF
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20222906-85640
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee, or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
L3Harris is seeking a passionate, highly motivated RF Support Engineer. As a member of the manufacturing engineering team, the successful candidate will work as the technical lead supporting the production of control avionics for the Space industry. The RF Support Engineer is responsible for investigating production test issues, including developing forward plans to determine root causes, establishing corrective and preventive actions, formally documenting investigations, tracking project progress, and providing status updates to both internal and external customers. This position is also responsible for evaluating production results for trends and developing improvements to increase the efficiency and yield of the production process.
- Generate clear and concise plans to guide the troubleshooting effort
- Troubleshoot unit and test equipment failures on the production floor
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers
- Drive issues to root cause and implement appropriate corrective and preventative actions
- Document investigations in test discrepancy reports
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years prior relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 4 years prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years prior related experience
- Experience with RF alignment and characteristic testing
- Must have strong knowledge of RF systems, such as transmitter, receivers, and phase lock loop
- Knowledge of Frequency Modulation and I/Q modulation/demodulation
- A strong understanding of test equipment use, including, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, generators, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- A strong understanding of electronic analog and digital circuitry, including, voltage dividers, op-amps, digital ICs, transistors, FPGAs, etc.
- Experience at performing various RF characterization measurements such as; phase noise, AM-AM and AM-PM measurement, spectral characterization, noise figure, RF power and bit error rate
- Experience in alignment and troubleshooting of various RF circuits such as: modulators, RF amplifiers, diplexers, filters, oscillators, synthesizers, etc.
- RF experience to 8 GHz troubleshooting skills desired
- Knowledge in subassembly impedance matching 50 ohm transmission line tuning
- Ability to mathematically calculate and analyze voltages and currents in a circuit
- Experience performing detailed root cause analyses
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required to support production schedules
- Ability to generate effective corrective and preventative actions
- Comfortable interfacing with both internal and external customers
- Desire to work collaboratively to improve processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Additional Skills:
- An understanding of programming languages, such as, C/C++, National Instruments LabVIEW, and National Instruments TestStand
- Ability to develop creative yet practical solutions to technical challenges
- Strong drive and sense of ownership
- Desire to learn and master new material
- An understanding of acceptance and qualification testing of military or space qualified electronics
- MS Office products including MS Word and Excel
- Familiarity with EMI, vibration, and thermal testing is a plus
- Ability to write debug software in various languages to assist in driving failure investigations to root cause
- Ability to learn custom test software, test systems, and test fixture functionality
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.