Sr. Program Manager
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20211904-59898
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Serve as primary customer interface for programs
- Monitors and controls program performance with the use of Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques.
- Leads program reviews reporting cost, schedule, and technical performance externally to the customer and internally to upper management.
- Identifies program issues and risks and develops mitigation plans and corrective actions
- Manages development efforts for new product development, integration, and test.
- Grows the business by expanding work with existing customers.
- Participates in the negotiations of contracts and contract changes.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals, business plans, statements of work, specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Record and communicate lessons learned from each program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Must be eligible for security clearance
- PMP® certified or attainment within 1 year of hire
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.