Sr. Manager, Program Scheduler
Cincinnati, Ohio; St Louis, Missouri; Huntsville, Alabama; Dayton, Ohio; TexasJob ID IMS20210604-59220
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Program Scheduler Senior Manager will support the Program Management Teams with focus on detailed Integrated Master Schedules using MS Project. Duties include developing and maintaining complex program schedules including resource loading and Earned Value Analysis. Qualified candidates will interface with all elements of the program team to develop and support regular maintenance of the program IMS.
• Work with Program Management Office to create Integrated Master Schedules that will include standard phases and gates, contract data requirements, materials detail, linkage to a standard work breakdown structure, resource loading, and the capability to perform earned value analysis on complex development programs as well as production programs.
• Perform regular analysis of program schedules to evaluate program and enterprise wide resource needs through the integration of all program schedules.
• Assist in schedule audits to ensure schedules are being properly maintained and updated by the project teams.
• Analyze and review subcontractor schedules and link subordinate schedules to the project schedule; analyze schedule for project critical path and advise management of changes to the critical path and projected milestone achievement performance
• Coordinate with Control Account Managers (CAM) and cross functional IPT members in the development, maintenance, analysis of work package schedules
• Obtain and analyze data and status from affected organizations to prepare, update, and disseminate periodic project status reports
• Perform audits of schedules for performance to plan variance and support corrective action to improve scheduling and planning processes.
• Work within a team environment to provide insights into program scheduling trends and best practices to assist program teams with formulating achievable program schedules
• This person will be a resource for all projects within the company
- Knowledge of MRP and proficiency in scheduling principles and practices
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary / Associates degree and minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) practices, Project Planning/Coordination and Production Scheduling.
- Ability to multi-task within tight deadlines.
- Prior Experience in engineering and manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of engineering processes, principles, and practices to include risk management concepts and risk analysis as related to master schedules.
- 6 years of experience directly related in Project Schedule and control. Primary tool utilized will be MS Project
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Military contractor / Aerospace background is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.