Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Quality Engineering
Cincinnati, Ohio; Batavia, OhioJob ID IMS20231909-106241
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Specialist, Quality Engineering
Work Week - 4/10 Schedule:
Monday through Thursday, 10 hour shifts
Friday, Saturday & Sunday Off
About Our Division:
Defense Electronic Systems – Fuzing & Ordnance Systems (DES-FOS), a division of L3Harris Technologies, is the largest fuze manufacturer in the United States and one of the most advanced manufacturers of Fuzing and Ordnance products in the world. We provide precision electronic components, subsystems and systems for DoD and international allies. L3Harris FOS specializes in the design and manufacture of fuzes, ordnance, ignition safety devices, proximity sensors, GPS navigation systems, aerospace status indicators and range and test solutions.
Headquartered in Batavia, OH (greater Cincinnati area), L3Harris FOS’ primary manufacturing facility was specifically designed and constructed for the manufacture of fuzing and ordnance systems and precision electronic components. L3Harris is a partner you can count on to deliver quality products and solve your toughest technical challenges. The Batavia location has flexible manufacturing - capable of manufacturing a variety of products from rates of 40,000/month down to individual production units for development efforts, dual identical modern Surface Mount Technology (SMT) assembly lines for automated electronic manufacture and on-site inspection and test capabilities to perform all required environmental conditioning test procedures. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 4/10 work schedule and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
The program quality engineer function is a program focused role that is responsible for protecting the customer in regard to product quality and ensuring contract requirements are met. This includes ensuring/verifying the quality of product inputs and the quality of product outputs.
FOS is responsible for a broad range of products from purely mechanical to solely electronic devices. The requirements for this role are flexible because placement will be based on the best fit for current experience. Special consideration will be given for those that possess knowledge of electronics assembly including automated electronics assembly. Applicants should be able to work independently and solve problems on their own. Experience with similar industry can replace some of the education requirements.
- Review the purchase order, contract, and specification to determine quality requirements. Assure these requirements are met throughout all stages of the project, from initial quotation request through production and delivery. The quality engineer must be able to read and interpret the contractual requirements and be able to understand design and production enough to ensure those requirements are executed through production, testing and inspection.
- Prepare Certifications of Conformance (C of C) for materials and services delivered to Government / customer. Review shipping documentation to ensure quality requirements compliance. Review waivers and deviation as required.
- Coordinate with Government / customer to schedule source inspection of materials and services as required. Main interface with the customer for all items upon final acceptance.
- Responsible for managing all inspection points in the manufacturing process and determining inspection for supplied parts. Creates product first article package with all assemblies and components. Works with the supplier quality engineer to review supplier control plans, inspection plans, process approval documents, first article inspections.
- Works with program team in reviewing overall manufacturing process and technical data package. Able to assist in failure and problem investigations and implement corrective action. Provide feedback for process and design changes.
- Serve as primary customer quality interface which may include having to conduct customer quality briefings to the customer and internal personnel.
- Analyze quality performance and collaborate with program team to develop improvement plans for the identified problem areas.
- Provide input and guidance as a peer reviewer of inspection plans and other contract line items.
- Participate in the development of products and processes and transition them from development thru to production.
- Assist in bid and proposal responses providing information supporting projected customer needs and requirements.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers, and managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or two-year post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of prior related experience is required.
- Experience in mechanical manufacturing or electronics industries with one of the two applicable
- 2 years’ experience minimum in engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies. Understanding of inspection and gaging.
- 2 years’ experience minimum in automated electronic assembly and manufacturing methods with familiarity with J-STD-001
- 2 years’ minimum experience in a quality or manufacturing role leading root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and master new material
- Strong drive and sense of ownership
- Ability to work collaboratively to improve processes
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.