On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a versatile Software Engineer with experience writing a variety of software. This individual will have the opportunity to work on Infrared and/or Space Product lines and be responsible for a variety of software tasks including GUI Application programming and framework level programming. Responsibilities include designing, coding, documenting, and testing C++ and C# applications. General knowledge of communication protocols is a huge plus.
- Design and implement software applications per engineering standards
- Support the software development lifecycle and work closely with cross functional project teams to provide statuses and proposals
- Analyze data to effectively define new systems or the modification of existing systems
- Collaborate with peers to define software engineering best practices and technology roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience in software development or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience in software development. Preference with major in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (or similar).
- Strong experience using C, C++, C#, or Java to develop software
- Experience developing software using object oriented programming techniques
- Experience working with IDEs
- Familiar with Design Patterns and Common Architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Experienced with software product lifecycle management and process improvement
- Experience working with distributed systems and inter-process communication
- Experience with other programming languages or modeling tools such as Python, Matlab, Labview, etc.
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Familiar with stream processing techniques and tools
- Familiar with High Performance Computing Tools and Packages (MPI, Zookeeper, CUDA, etc.)
- Familiar with hypervisors, virtual machines, dockers
- Experience with Communication Protocols such as Ethernet, RS232/422, 1553, GigE Vision, etc.
- Experience with Windows and Linux Development Environments
- Experience using configuration management tools such as JIRA, SVN, Git
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit