Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20221605-82403
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
Job Code: IMS20221605-82403
Job Location: Mason, Ohio
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover / Landers / Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Manager to join our L3Harris team in Mason, Ohio, and lead our Systems Engineering Department. As the Senior Manager in Systems Engineering, you will have the unique opportunity to work on leading edge products across the Space & Sensors Division, including infrared sensors, and space avionics and communication. This position reports directly to the Chief Engineer for the Space & Sensors Division, and is focused on leading an experienced team of 75+ Systems Engineers in support of new business pursuits, special projects, process improvements, internal research & development (IR&D), and development and production programs.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively switch between tactical and strategic planning, be able to translate strategy or business goals into actionable steps, and drive the team towards the flawless execution of our programs. You will be responsible for building our systems engineering discipline into a world-class team that can deliver scalable, repeatable, and quality results on multiple simultaneous programs. This person will provide coaching and leadership development for the direct reporting group managers and senior engineering staff. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining an environment of highly collaborative cross-functional teams, and will own the talent acquisition, resource management, risk management, proposal development, and development of training programs.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Administration and management of the Systems Engineering Department. Meet functional requirements of staffing, training, talent development, engagement, and retention.
- Systems Engineering resource management and planning. Provide staff for programs, pursuits, and internal efforts (IR&D, Special Projects, etc.). Support pursuits and proposals, including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
- Engineering management and planning in support of the Space & Sensors Division. Provide strategic guidance across the Division; including rigorous application of Systems Engineering policies and procedures, and year-over-year improvement of the discipline’s productivity and quality goals.
- Systems Engineering-specific People, Process, and Tool Development. Advance the Space & Sensors engineering technologies and processes to ensure tools, processes, and staff are competitive and applicable to meet business needs.
- Career development of managers and employees.
- Business, Programmatic, and Technical Leadership.
- Special projects as assigned by the Division Chief Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of applicable engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a prior leadership capacity (i.e., Supervisor/Manager, Engineering Manager, Program Manager, Director).
- Minimum 5 years of program experience working in a Systems Engineering role.
- Demonstrated ‘One Team’ collaboration and team building mindset, with internal subsystem team and multiple external suppliers, teammates, platform providers, and DoD organizations across all product lifecycle phases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well within and outside of the organization including customers, vendors, and company or program leadership without oversight.
- Willing to travel as required.
- DoD and/or Space program experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance; Active Secret is preferred.
- Advanced degree in Math, Science, Engineering or related STEM discipline.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.