RF Test Technician
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The Radio Frequency (RF) Test Technician will support the Space manufacturing organization through performing alignment, troubleshooting, and characterization of RF and Microwave circuits. This role is also responsible for generating accurate test data intended for internal and external customer use.
- Perform RF alignment and characteristic tests on various RF circuits.
- Perform Final Acceptance tests on various products.
- Understand and follow appropriate test equipment / safety procedures.
- Maintain product configuration information in appropriate documents.
- Maintain status of units in process.
- Support the troubleshooting and rework/repair of RF systems and/or their subassemblies.
- Maintain troubleshooting documentation in appropriate process / product documents.
- Support completion of assembly operations to meet delivery expectations.
- Tack solder “select at test” components.
- Identify ways to improve current production processes and communicate ideas with appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical or engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience testing electronics with a minimum of 2 years RF experience.
- Technical knowledge and skills in troubleshooting down to the component level; solid understanding and working knowledge of RF test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Data Error Analyzers, RF generators, etc.
- Experience at performing various RF characterization measurements such as; Phase Noise, Spectral Characterization, Noise Figure, RF Power and Bit Error Rate.
- Experience in alignment and troubleshooting of various RF circuits such as: Modulators, RF amplifiers, Diplexers, Filters, Oscillators, Synthesizers, etc.
- RF experience to 8 GHz troubleshooting skills desired.
- Analog and digital troubleshooting skills are a plus.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Excel.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills, such as communicating well with customers, management, engineering and manufacturing as well as other disciplines of the organization.
- Strong planning/organizational skills with ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work individually and in a team oriented environment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.