RF Design Engineer
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20212101-55404
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a Senior Specialist, Systems Engineer with electrical engineering experience in RF Communications systems. This individual will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge and world-class Space Avionics systems. Sample products include, Mars Rover, Space Launch System Vehicle, and Imaging satellite communications equipment.
The Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total RF communication systems. Analyses are performed at all levels to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total RF systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Recent experience with modulators, amplifiers, oscillators, filters, high frequency packaging and RF test equipment is required.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation activities in support of programs and RF development efforts.
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements, and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Cost, Risk, and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total RF communication systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal).
- Work in a highly dynamic integration lab.
- Support and/or lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into a system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc. Lead technology development and support business development.
- BSEE in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Solid proficiencies in microwave circuit and system design and analysis tools, hands-on results are necessary
- Prior experience with design, analysis, and test of RF circuits
- Recent experience with modulators, amplifiers, oscillators, filters, high frequency packaging and RF test equipment
- A background in systems engineering and high-reliability environments is required
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and organizational skills
- Complex Problem Solving — Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution.
- Systems Analysis — Determine how an RF system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes particularly in terms of spectral performance and data error rate performance.
- Systems Evaluation — Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance relative to the goals of the system.
- System modeling and simulation capabilities utilizing MatLab/ Simulink and ModelSim/Questa tools are preferred
- Experience with microwave designs for high-bandwidth upconverters, mixers, drivers, and power amplifiers at S-, X-, and/or Ku-band ranges.
- Experience with creating technical documentation to support proposals, and experience with creating and conducting customer presentations
- Experience with frequency planning, link budgets, design for phase-based modulation formats, and design for wide-bandwidth/high data rate applications.
- Knowledge of military and/or NASA component specifications, design processes, and hardware test/verification procedures.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.