Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Quality Inspector (First Shift)
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20220906-83773
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Quality Inspector (First Shift)
Job Description: This position is responsible for ensuring our products meet quality requirements through accurate inspection, review of documentation, communication, and interaction within all disciplines of the business.
- Performs accurate inspection of sub-assemblies including circuit cards and top-level assemblies.
- Interact with across all disciplines of the business.
- Verify work performed in accordance with routing sheets, specifications, and manufacturing instructions.
- Utilize precision measuring instruments to ensure proper assembly, dimensions, and perform final inspection of hardware to ensure compliance.
- Prepare accurate discrepancy documents and inspection reports and maintain inspection data.
- Perform incoming and final visual inspection of items to be sent. This activity may require the lifting of packages weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Process nonconforming product. This activity may involve the re-inspection of product once complete, and material is presented for inspection and stores.
- Maintain documentation of all inspection activity.
- High school diploma (or GED) is required; an Associate Degree is preferred.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar quality position is desired.
- A current or previously held Quality Inspector ASQ certification is desired.
- Experience with Military/Space workmanship specifications and IPC-A-610 / J-STD-001 soldering specifications.
- Candidates with past inspection of military or aerospace electronic products experience is a plus.
- Willingness to take prescribed training courses for the position (held on site at this facility) J-STD-001, Space Addendum, Torque, NASA 8739.1 and NASA 8739.4 – on the job training by peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proactive attitude in helping to resolve issues is essential for this position.
- Members of our team must be able to actively contribute to improvement opportunities.
- Must have a high degree of attention to detail and be highly organized and focused.
- Ability to work independently or a diverse team setting.
- Ability to work for prolonged periods of time looking through a microscope.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to a minimum of 25 pounds at times.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.