Principal Chief Systems Engineer
Cincinnati, Ohio; Plano, TexasJob ID IMS20212901-55834
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Principal Chief Systems Engineer
Job Code: IMS20212901-55834
Location: Mason, OH
The Principal Chief Systems Engineer position involves the technical leadership and oversight of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) for programs leveraging Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) camera sub-systems and High Performance Computing (HPC) for advanced image processing.
Responsibilities include ownership of the entire MBSE process, modeling and simulation, stakeholder and system requirements development, coordination and management of downstream engineering and sub-system engineering development activities, architectural review and analysis, specialty engineering (safety, security, reliability).
Individual will be responsible for leading a large complex system of systems comprised of multiple Integrated Product Teams over multiple geographic sites. The Principal Systems Engineer is further accountable for overall system performance against requirements, adhering to or developing System Engineering process documentation, coordination of System Engineering activities with Engineering Team, Manufacturing, Program Management and Business Development, providing proposal development support.
- Being responsible for coordinating all System Engineering aspects of the project to meet technical, schedule and design to cost goals
- Developing stakeholder requirements from scratch and able to manage requirements from a top-down or bottoms-up approach.
- Effectiveness in system engineering management through MBSE, requirements management, impact assessments, change notices, trade studies, architectural analysis, design reviews, entrance/exit criteria, risk and opportunity management
- Bachelor’s Degree and twelve (12) years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- 3+ years’ experience on medium to large sized programs with >20 engineers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Previous experience on a DoD EMD program is required
- Previous experience with SysML is required
- Previous experience using MBSE on large scale programs is required
- 20% Travel required for position
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Previous experience working on large proposals is a plus (>200 page technical volume and >$50M cost volume)
- Previous experience with infrared cameras and image processing applications are a plus
- INCOSE certification is a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.