Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Operations Integrated Project Team Leader
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20222806-85361
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is responsible for operations management of the assigned IPT (Integrated Product Team) to drive execution of improvements in both product and processess. Additional responsiblities include planning and coordinating the resources required to execute projects and assigning responsibility to activities. The IPT Lead, in cooperation with a Program Manager who will be assigned to the team, and will be responsible for the generation and maintenance a schedule, comparing actual results to a baseline plans, assessing project performance, conducting risk management, supporting gate reviews, facilitating peer reviews of all work, and identifying root causes and corrective actions to improve project execution.
This role will encompassthe overall management and participation in all phases of a program life cycle including new business, development, production, execution, and close-out. This role will support the overall management and coordination of resources to ensure effective execution of program requirements, support EVMS reporting requirements, primary interface across operations value streams, and developing manufacturing plans for assigned programs.
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
- Responsible for technical scope, schedule, and cost pertaining to required operations activities on an assigned program
- Act as primary point of contact for the technical, cost, risk/opportunity, and schedule performance of the actions on the assigned program
- Engages with other IPT leads, functional managers, and leadership to promote successful action planning and execution
- Engages in frequent collaboration with multiple functions (e.g., Design Engineering, Contracts, Manufacturing, etc.) and the program office
- Support overall program by contributing schedule inputs and changes into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), maintaining timely and effective change management processes and procedures
- Monitor RAIL (Rolling Action Item List) performance and ensure that issues are addressed immediately, in which corrective actions and recovery plans are implemented in a timely manner
- Plan and coordinate activities to support verification and validation of new processes and product improvements
- Support multidisciplinary program reviews and presentations throughout the different phases of development, certification, and production readiness with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in leading a multi-functional, technically oriented, Integrated Product Team in an operations environment
- Experienced with all phases of manufacturing and program management (development, planning, conceptual design, requirements definition, preliminary design, prototyping, test and evaluation, integration, entry to production, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of engineering with analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, present data, and explain results to leadership, subordinates & peers
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- Experience in creating and managing budgets for both operational and capital expenses
- Demonstrated experience in identifying process constraints, developing improvement plans, and process to improve
- Skilled in the deployment and use of Lean and 6 Sigma manufacturing tools/methods
- Ability to manage, coach, train, and motivate teams in an technical environment
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office software package (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills for collaborating with all levels of the organization
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- 2 years of experience with electronic component manufacturing
- DELTEK Cost Point ERP
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.