Manufacturing Technician III
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Technician III
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH (Batavia)
The manufacturing technician is responsible for production support with respect to test methods, yields, and process improvements. They advise and interface with operators, and inform engineers of issues, process variation, procedural changes, and equipment issues. They work with production supervisors on methods and problems and assist in resolving production issues and improving throughput.
The manufacturing technician C works under limited supervision to diagnose and resolve issues related to production. They make suggestions for solutions, act as a resource to others, and communicate effectively with contacts inside and outside of the manufacturing engineering department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs installation, maintenance, and repairs on manufacturing equipment.
- Locates and diagnoses failures, replaces defective components, and performs basic troubleshooting using drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Use a variety of hand and power test tools and equipment.
- Perform assembly line start up by ensuring; (1) proper maintenance has been performed, (2) equipment service indicators such as voltages, gas volume and pressure, temperature and vacuum are within the specified range.
- Monitor equipment for alert indicators and respond as necessary.
- Initiate and complete procedures for assembly line shutdown.
- Train production personnel to operate equipment.
- Complete daily log of equipment problems by station or module.
- Issue maintenance request for services necessary prior to restart of line.
- Perform area clean up and housekeeping operations.
- Monitor inventory of manufacturers recommended spare parts and issue purchase requisitions as required for equipment replacement parts or modules.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of experience servicing and/or operating electro-mechanical assembly equipment.
- Supporting high production of close tolerance parts.
- Performing electronic troubleshooting and familiarity with standard electronic test equipment.
- Using PC software relating to control systems and statistical process controls.
Preferred experience and capabilities:
- Diagnosis of solder issues and adjust component placements, print conditions, and stencil designs to correct issues.
- Design, order, test, and verify stencil designs.
- Program, set up, and debug development run of PCBs on SMT and select solder operations.
- Design custom fixtures for SMT, depanel, and select solder.
- Develop and test SMT oven profiles.
- Create and tune 2D and 3D AOI machines.
- Familiarity with conformal coating.
- Familiarity with staking.
- Familiarity with functional testing.
- Familiarity with IPC standards.
- Experience programming with G code.
- Formal course study and/or certificate of completion on SPC theory and practice.
Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
The Physical Demands Analysis is retained in Human Resources.
Must be eligible.