Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineer- Modeling & Simulation Engineer (Secret) *** $20,000 Sign on Bonus***
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20222010-92210
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer
Job Code: IMS20222010-92210
Job Location: Mason, OH
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
At L3Harris, we apply our passion to push the frontiers of advanced technology. Be part of L3Harris’ Digital Engineering transformation to accelerate development and delivery of high-payoff solutions to the warfighter!
We are seeking a dynamic Lead Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Systems Engineer to join our L3Harris team in Mason, Ohio. The Lead Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting mission-critical maritime sensor development programs with specific focus on the analysis of next-generation surveillance, reconnaissance, and targeting sensor system performance in varied operational environments and scenarios.
When you join Lahore's Space & Sensors, you will be an integral part of an innovative and fast moving team where you will lead the collaboration with engineers and scientists to explore the feasibility and mission-level impact of advanced sensor subsystem and next-level system solutions (InfraRed Search and Track (IRST) and Imaging InfraRed). You should have a depth of InfraRed (IR), Radar, Lidar, ActiveEO, or equivalent M&S and systems engineering leadership experience in research and/or development programs. The successful leader and visionary will bring their passion for digital engineering, system architecture, modeling and simulation, analysis, and ‘what-if’ virtual explorations, and be able to adapt, communicate, and deliver on next-generation capabilities for passive, wide-area surveillance, and targeting sensor systems.
- Understand the customer’s core mission requirement and the desired system concept of operation and the relationship to product architectures, subsystems, design, interfaces, and operations.
- Help define technology and system roadmaps for L3Harris’ breakthrough multi-band infrared sensors, offering unprecedented range and resolution at an affordable price.
- Evaluate the implementation of advanced sensors and weapons on target detection, tracking, identification, and engagement performance against existing and emerging threats.
- Lead other engineers in the exploration and analysis of the feasibility and mission-level impact of complex optical sensor subsystems.
- Apply modeling and simulation tools to translate customer or product requirements into system solutions.
- Identify and guide system level analysis and trade studies to provide clarifying insight into the interplay between mission requirements and system performance to drive system design activities.
- Provide technical leadership in architecting of the system model and development of lower level models of environmental conditions and objects, and/or components, subsystems, and/or system behaviors and performance, and support of the integration and use of these models across the engineering team.
- Support development of scenario scripts and data sets to design and execute simulations; perform data acquisition and analysis of scenario results; develop and convey conclusions and recommendations in a way meaningful to the design engineers.
- ‘One Team’ collaboration with internal subsystem teams and multiple external suppliers, teammates, platform providers, and customer organizations in execution of all program activities.
- DoD active secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related field and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 9 years of applicable modeling and simulation, operations research, systems analysis and trade studies, and/or systems engineering experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in sensor system performance modeling and/or simulation, with a track record of influencing and optimizing system design through M&S activities.
- Experience with System Engineering functions such as:
- System Trade Studies or System Performance Modeling;
- System Conceptual Design & Analysis;
- Experience with deep technical analysis;
- Experience developing/creating custom analysis tools (MATLAB, Mathcad, Python, etc.).
- Able to work collaboratively with the technical team.
- Able to use excellent communication skills to work with individuals across L3Harris locations and the customer community to obtain consensus and understanding of the solution with minimal oversight.
- Ability to develop creative yet practical solutions to technical challenges; able to recognize opportunities rather than see limitations or issues.
- Background in InfraRed (IR) sensor modeling or equivalent (Radar, Lidar, ActiveEO, etc.).
- Strong drive and sense of ownership.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Working knowledge of standard models such as NV-IPM, SPIRITS, MuSES, ShipIR, and DIRSIG.
- Ability to use creativity to advocate and logically drive practical technical solutions.
- Familiarity with optimizing system design through M&S activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proposal development experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.