Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineer- Integration and Test Engineering (Secret) *** $20,000 Sign on Bonus***
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20221810-92131
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Integration and Test Engineering – Passive Sensors
Job Code: IMS20221810-92131
Job Location: Mason, OH (Onsite/ Local Hybrid) 2 days in the office
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
As the Lead Systems Integration and Test Engineer, you are responsible for the Development Test and Evaluation (DTE), subsystem to system integration, validation and verification, field testing, and support Operations Test and Evaluation (OTE) Qualification Testing of the System Engineering assigned products within our Passive Sensors Domestic and International Portfolio. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary program team responsible for architecting, designing, testing and deploying next generation Passive Sensors Systems of Systems architecture and systems technology. You will develop technical proposals, provide technical leadership in system requirements generation, hardware selection trade studies, design implementation in system architecture development, system partitioning, integration and testing of the overall system, and assessing unit or system performance using analysis, simulation, and laboratory testing. The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of all the design related gate reviews with the support from Functional Groups.
- Lead hands-on DTE and integration & testing phases of complex systems of systems architectures (e.g., multi-mode multi-sensors, etc.) across all interfaces (i.e., Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management, Suppliers, and Customers).
- Develop test requirements, methods, and test solutions from requirements flowed down as part of the systems engineering team.
- Develop and execute subsystem and/or system-level test plans/procedures and associated test readiness reviews.
- Perform field testing and laboratory test data reduction, analysis, and test reporting; analyze failure data for trends, systemic issues, and reduction/elimination of test escapements.
- Responsibilities include review, analysis, and understanding of program level objectives, system concept of operation, product architectures and interfaces, and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Support operational development of acceptance test procedures, production test plans, and test documentation from design requirements.
- Lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into unit or system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- Review, analyze, and understand program level objectives, system concept of operation, host platform architectures and interfaces, and space avionic systems and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Able to provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to a team of system engineers in the areas of systems engineering analysis, architecture, trade studies, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Physics, or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 9 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years prior related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in medium to large scale systems of systems architecture, specification, design, implementation, simulation, test, verification, validation, and debugging of digital based units, systems, and/or control systems.
- Experience working and testing InfraRed (IR) camera systems or equivalent sensor subsystems.
- Experience field testing systems or subsystems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well within and outside of the organization including customers, vendors, and leadership with minimal oversight
- Must be collaborative and able to drive an environment of teamwork
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and decision making — Able to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions; able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution
- System test and evaluation requirements development experience is a requirement.
- Demonstrated proposal-writing capabilities.
- Prior systems integration engineering experience on at least three programs, with at least one program being a medium scale complex system or subsystem (i.e., > 10 System Engineers and/or >$15M).
- Must be able to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally
- Must possess an active DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Graduate degree in engineering
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience
- Familiarity with EMI, shock, vibration, and/or thermal testing
- Understanding of acceptance and qualification testing of military or space qualified electronics.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.