Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, System Engineering- Software
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20221108-88579
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Systems Engineering-Software
Job Code: MS20221108-88579
Job Location: Mason, OH
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
We are currently seeking a Lead Software Systems Engineer with experience in understanding and developing software requirements, leading embedded software projects, and delivering mission-critical infrastructure and systems. You will have the opportunity to work various programs solving our customer’s most difficult technical challenges on cutting edge sensor technology and world-class Space Avionics systems. Sample products include maritime and airborne sensors and Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Space Launch System vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications equipment.
When you join L3Harris Space & Sensors, you will be an integral part of an innovative and fast-moving team where you will lead the collaboration with engineers and scientists to build and deliver mission-critical Space products. The successful candidate will bring their passion for engineering execution excellence and delivering business level results, and have a desire to pursue excellence through small increments of improvement and accountability.
- Responsible for a variety of software systems tasks throughout the full lifecycle of the program for designing, coding, documenting, and testing embedded systems while leading and mentoring other engineers.
- Implement and maintain systems engineering products for software on New Shepard and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Work with system, software, and avionics engineers to identify and verify compliance of software with system requirements
- Evaluate and perform reviews of software artifacts such as Problem Reports, Design Descriptions, and Qualification results
- Evaluate compliance with software development assurance standards
- Oversee and lead the lifecycle development of systems, including requirement definition, design solution definition, implementation, integration, verification and validation, qualification, commissioning, and operation.
- Support and/or lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into unit or system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Lead technology development activities and support business development.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements, and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 9 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years prior related experience.
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices and methodologies such as requirement definition, decomposition, verification, and validation with experience with development, integration, test, and qualification of software.
- Demonstrated experience in the architecture, infrastructure, specification, design, implementation, simulation testing, verification, validation, and debugging of digital based units, sensor systems and avionics systems, and/or control systems.
- Experience working with other programming languages such as C++, MATLAB, Python, etc.
- Experience writing software requirements. Knowledge of DOORS is a plus.
- Experience interpreting and assessing compliance to software standards (e.g. NASA-STD-8719.13, DO-278).
- Experience with software test planning, test procedure and test cases development, and qualification testing
- Experience with software test automation
- Experience using hardware description languages (VHDL or Verilog proficiency is preferred)
- Advanced background in developing software in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of military and/or NASA component specifications, design processes, and hardware test/verification procedures
- Background in systems engineering and high-reliability environments
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience is preferred.
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
- 5+ years of systems development and project management experience.
- Experience with digital hardware design including FPGAs, Processors, Memory, data converters, etc. and Communication Protocols (Ethernet, RS232/422, 1553, GigE Vision, etc.)
- Familiarity with EMI, shock, vibration, and/or thermal testing is a plus.
- Understanding of acceptance and qualification testing of military or space qualified electronics.
- Experience with Windows Development Environments (Linux a plus)
- Basic knowledge of circuits, schematics, and hardware design
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.