Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Program Management
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20221706-84606
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Program Management
Job Code: IMS20221706-84606
Job Location: Mason, OH Onsite
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
Our Space & Sensors division is seeking a Program Management Lead to direct assigned phases of programs from inception through completion. The successful candidate will drive assigned program execution to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs.
Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance, as a Control Account Manager (CAM) of company programs and/or subsystems of major programs. Candiate will also manage the internal and external strategic rhythm for the program, i.e., change control boards, Risk and Opportunity registry, schedule review board(s), and assist with all leadership reviews.
The candidate will support negotiations of contract and contract changes with subcontractors as needed. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Establishes milestones adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
Innovation & Complexity:
Responsible for improving upon existing processes or establishing new processes using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Develops or champions new concepts or directives. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are often complex, requiring broad-based consideration of variables that impact multiple functions and/or businesses. Extensively analyzes problems to seek understanding of the root cause of the problem.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional integration through communication of program requirements to support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other business elements) throughout program lifecycle.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals, business plans, statements of work, specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Utililizing Earned Value Management (EVMS) techniques, manages development efforts for program product development, integration, and test.
- Monitors milestones and esnures adherence to master plans and schedules, milestones, other program develiverables.
- Identifies program problems and risks and obtains solutions such as resource allocation and contract specification changes leveraging EVMS tools and processes.
- Monitor and assess performance; identify problems and institute corrective actions as required.
- Identify and manage Program Risk and Opportunities.
- Record and communicate lessons learned from each program.
- Manage and evaluate financial and technical trade-off analyses required for scope changes in a program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience
- Candidates must have familiarity with earned value management, supply chain, risk and opportunity management, quality and/or production control, and product costing tools.
- Must demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business acumen. The individual will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude to determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written) and able to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Experience running programs for Government and Government Prime contractors
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government issued DoD security clearance
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Term impact on results (e.g., 1-2 years). Recommends new products, processes, policies, standards or operating plans in support of job function strategy.PMP® certified or attainment within 1 year of hire
- Active DoD Security clearance
- Graduate Degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 9 years of prior related experience.
- Experience running avionics programs for airborne and/or space systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.