Lead, Program Management
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The successful candidate will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. PMs are responsible to achieve and maintain contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for their assigned programs/customers. Candidate will provide team leadership to coach, guide and mentor designated program teams, ensuring compliance to all program requirements.
This position is responsible for successfully managing all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for their assigned programs, in accordance with the approved Space and Sensor processes. This includes:
- Serve as primary customer contact for program activities to support and lead business capture activities, lead program reviews and report on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting customer requirements in order to work in partnership with customers towards derived solutions and leveraging existing solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and lead/transition projects through all phases of the project life-cycle. Participates in the preparation and evaluation of proposals, bid/no-bid decisions, business plans, Statements of Work (SOW), specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Capture to Closeout
- Participates in negotiations of contracts and contract change management.
- Manages development efforts for product development, integration, and test.
- Responsible for communicating program requirements to support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other organizational elements) throughout program lifecycle.
- Leverage new business with established customer base and identify/pursue opportunities with new customers to include thoroughly qualify new business leads and sales opportunities.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and risks and obtains solutions such as resource allocation and contract specification changes.
- Monitor and assess performance; identify problems and institute corrective actions as required. Identify, track and manage risk.
- Record and communicate lessons learned from each program.
- Manage and evaluate financial and technical trade-off analyses required for scope changes in a program.
- Responsible for the direction, oversight, and outcome of all assigned programs.
- Ability to travel 15% to 20% of the time to attend customer meetings and tradeshows.
- To be considered for this position, you must possess a Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of demonstrated program or project management experience required.
- Experience leading and influencing multifunctional teams
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments in a related technically oriented, contract management environment.
- Eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience/familiarity with the Project Management Institute Project Management Body of Knowledge.Earned value management, supply chain, risk management, quality control, production control, and product costing tool skills.
- Specific to project initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing phases.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth.
- Self-MotivatorProficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Individual will work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude to determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Experience running programs for Government and Government Prime contractors.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secret Clearance
- BS in Engineering
- Advanced Degrees (M.S. / MBA/ PhD)
- PMP Certification or ability to gain PMP certification within first year of employment
- Experience with Infrared products and technology
- Demonstrated experience running complex avionics programs for airborne and/or space systems is desired.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.