Lead Engineer, Platform Integration and Test
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20200909-50414
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Lead Engineer, Platform Integration and Test. This position supports a variety of mission-critical programs with specific focus on large scale platform (e.g., ground vehicle, aircraft, ship) integration of our subsystems.
- Responsibilities include review, analysis, and understanding of program level objectives, system concept of operation, platform architectures and interfaces, and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and operations.
- Integration & testing of complex subsystems (e.g., multi-mode multi-sensors, kinetic weapons) into third party platforms across all interfaces (i.e., mechanical, electrical, and software), which includes integration planning, and analysis, operation, evaluation, and/or troubleshooting of system operation (and possibly specific interfaces) across the spectrum of integration and test activities.
- Planning, coordination, and execution of laboratory, range, and live fire testing at System and SoS levels.
- Development and execution of System-level test plans/procedures and associated test readiness reviews.
- System level test data reduction, analysis, and test reporting.
- Able to succinctly and effectively brief status and results to program and customer senior leadership.
- ‘One Team’ collaboration with internal subsystem team and multiple external suppliers, teammates, platform providers, and DoD organizations in execution of all integration and test activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required.
- Minimum 10 years experience leading integration & testing of sensor systems and/or weapons systems into platforms, ships or ground vehicles preferred.
- Experience with System Integration Lab utilization to reduce field testing demands.
- Experience leading multiple subcontract efforts during integration and test.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aerospace / Defense or equivalent industry is preferred.
- Planning, coordination, and execution of integration and test activities at DoD facilities or ranges.
- Integration & testing of complex system of systems (SoS) for air defense and spectrum compatibility testing and evaluation.
- Experience working programs from the design stage through field testing and selloff is strongly desired
- Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.