Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Program Management
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20220108-87849
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Our Mason site is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Director of Program Management. In this leadership role the individual is accountable for program execution, customer satisfaction, and financial performance. This position will have a direct interface with customers, suppliers, and stakeholder leadership. The role includes responsibility for guiding employees in their work and influencing them to deliver their best and to act within the L3Harris corporate values.
- Responsible for managing and directing program management teams with the cost, schedule, technical, and contractual performance requirements of a complex technical program portfolios through the life-cycle phases of development, implementation, and operations. This includes utilizing Earned Value Management, maintaining an integrated master schedule, managing development and test to a technical baseline, and maintains an active and proactive risk management program. Responsible for budget management and financial execution of the portfolio.
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule, technical, and contractual performance requirements of directly assigned programs.
- Responsible for managing a collaborative work environment with the customer to achieve business objectives.
- Works with customers and internal program leadership to determine needs, requirements, and new business opportunities, and then directs the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications to meet those needs.
- Work with functional leadership to ensure that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production and facilities are available to support the program.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact.
- Interacts internally with management and Senior Leadership, as well as customers, to communicate significant program cost, schedule, performance status.
- Creates environment of inclusivity and respect as well as strives to build diverse teams and develop talent
- Responsible for establishing the direction for new processes, systems, solutions, and products using significant conceptualization, reason, and interpretation. Solutions are innovative and often define best practice for the future.
- Collaboration with other Program Managers, Business Development Managers, Product Lines, and Engineering functions.
- BS/BA degree and 15 years of prior related experience; Or, Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- 10+ years of program management experience including all phases of program execution (pursuit and offer leadership, contractual negotiations, start-up, execution, and close-out)
- Recognized as an external and internal expert and thought leader with deep and substantive technical expertise as well as advanced business knowledge and leadership capabilities. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence executive leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches. Establishes overall direction for new processes, systems, and solutions. Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals with direct impact to the achievement against functional strategies.
- Advanced program management, business knowledge, leadership capabilities, and broad experience across multiple related professional disciplines
- Demonstrated capability to lead teams in successfully achieving defined Customer and Company program objectives within cost, schedule, and contractual constraints.
- Experienced in organizing and leading Engineering, contractual, financial, Operations, and other cross functional areas to provide total Program life-cycle management. Experience managing projects with budgets of $50M+ and a total portfolio >$200M.Experience leading geographically diverse program teams comprised of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) with membership from multiple Company and potentially partner organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation and execution using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and employment of applicable metrics.
- Experience with development programs with significant structured software development scope.
- Must be people-focused with the ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
- Experienced managing DoD programs (all services and agencies) and international programs (DCS and FMS).
- PMP certification or equivalent
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.