Analog Design Engineer
Cincinnati, OhioJob ID IMS20210701-54820
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking an Analog Design Engineer with experience designing Power Supplies, Sensor Circuits, and associated analog circuitry. This individual will have the opportunity to work on projects that are essential to the Space and Defense Industry. Sample product lines you will work on are Counter Drone Protection System, IR camera systems, Space Launch Vehicle telemetry systems and Payloads.
L3Harris Space and Sensors division is in Cincinnati, OH. L3Harris Space and Sensors is an established pioneer in space exploration and military/defense technology. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Space and Sensors is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.
- Product Development
- Work in a team environment to ensure all aspects of your design efforts will meet technical, schedule and design-to-cost goals
- Interfacing effectively with team members throughout the organization
- Internal Research and Development
- Design, Simulate, and Analyze analog circuits
- Component selection
- Analysis of power consumption, component stress and worst case performance
- Technical presentations
- Engineering Support to Production
- Engineering Support for Delivered Products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Electrical Design related to Power Supplies, Controls, and other Analog Circuitry
- Operational Amplifiers
- Transistor Amplifiers
- Active and Passive Filters
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, including:
- Thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Probability theory and statistical methods
- Semiconductor physics
- Sensor interface and signal recovery
- High resolution data converter circuits
- Video-rate signal handling
- Low noise circuit design & analysis
- Electrical interference control techniques
- Precision circuit design for data acquisition
- Signal Conditioning and driver design for stepper motors/valves/etc
- Mathematical modeling
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Power Supply Theory and Design
- Worst Case and Monte Carlo Analysis
- Component Level troubleshooting and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in multi-disciplined teams
- Demonstrated ability in solving difficult electrical engineering problems
- DxDesigner or equivalent schematic capture tools
- Proficient in electronic design for test, quality, reliability, manufacturability and EMC
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE or BSEET) and minimum 2 years prior related experience OR Graduate Degree.
- Desired background in space or military avionics
- Desired experience with military standards and high-reliability components
- Prolonged sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Ability to travel although extremely limited
- Ability to regularly walk, sit or stand as required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.