Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Systems Engineering, Space Ops and Training Specialist-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Chantilly, VirginiaJob ID SAS20220906-83740
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Systems Engineering, Space Ops and Training Specialist-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Job Code: SAS20220906-83740
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3Harris is seeking a Space Operations specialist to lead the training of technically complex software applications and to mature the associated operational use cases. This person will work with end users, engineers, and software developers, serving as a valuable communication liaison between these parties. This person will become a power user of the product and help mature the operational use of new capabilities. This person will led the development of new training materials as needed and led various user training events which are typically monthly and quarterly.
- Become a power user of the product.
- Leverage space operations knowledge to develop use cases for training as well as input to shape the operational use of new capabilities.
- Provide professional classroom training 4 to 8 times a year. The candidate is expected to implement sound classroom management techniques, teach complex topics, and obtain student assessments for continued improvement.
- Responsible for developing high quality training materials for in-person student training as well as on-line training aids and user guides. Training materials are primarily in the form of PowerPoint, videos, and Computer Based Training. This task will involve direct creation of materials as well as leading one or two other team members in material creation.
- Keep training material well organized and up to date as the product continues to develop. Coordinate with other members of the project team to post training materials at various locations for student and internal team access.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, OR, the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- 4+ years of directly related experience in the space operations and in development and delivery of technical training programs.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance and willingness to take CI Poly
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Genuine interest in space operations and activities which leads to dynamic teaching of the topic areas.
- Capable of understanding complex software applications to include those with significant math models “under the hood.” The candidate is NOT required to perform any complex math, but must be able to understand the inputs, outputs, and effects at the user-level of the application.
- This position is within L3Harris’s Space Domain Awareness division, so strong knowledge in this area is generally beneficial.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.