Software and System Test Engineer Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Job Code: SAS20202207-48248
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3Harris Space and Airborne Systems has an opening for a Lead, Systems Integration & Test Engineer – SW Testing to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be in Chantilly, VA. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Develop and maintain automated scripts
- Execute all levels of testing (Integration, System and Acceptance)
- Configure and maintain production-like test environments
- Design, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases for functional, API and end-to-end tests
- Develop test plans, test cases and testing scripts, for manual and automated testing, maintain testing records, document and report discovered problems
- Advocate for test priorities in daily scrum meetings and sprint planning
- Clear and concise documentation of software issues
- Collaborate closely with the development team and the I&T team
- Analyze user stories/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Lead test development and peer review activities with little supervision. Ensure complete and accurate test coverage. Create test to requirement traceability matrix
- Attend and participate in project planning and execution meetings as required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- TS/SCI with Poly Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering discipline with minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or Graduate degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile & DevOps methodology and culture
- Understanding of software lifecycle management skills related to application development tasks and planning testing cycles
- Proficient at JIRA/Confluence (or equivalent)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with all phases of the software test life cycle
- Must be able to handle multiple processes while testing cases and develop plan “fixes”
- Able to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Test automation experience using Python or similar scripting language
- Have experience using Eggplant, Selenium, Cypress or Perl
- Worked in Agile (scrum) projects as scrum team tester
- Experience with defect management tools like JIRA, ClearQuest
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.