Senior System Administrator - TS/SCI
Chantilly, VirginiaJob ID SAS20210205-60623
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior System Administrator - TS/SCI
Job Code: SAS20210205-60623
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3Harris corporation is seeking a dynamic System Administrator to perform critical system design and implementation in unique and challenging programs. The selected candidate will be part of an exclusive national security program and work on the design, development, deployment, and O&M for critical wireless, infrastructure and/or communication programs. Bring your talents to the front line at the cutting edge of Defense and Technology at L3Harris.
Typical System Administrator responsibilities include the following:
- Performing analysis to include administration, engineering, and integration of:
- Windows 2012/16 Server, Windows 7/10, CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu
- SolarWinds Suite
- Moderate to expert knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, 802.3, MPLS, L2TPv3, IPSEC, EIGRP, OSPF and SNMP in both copper and fiber environments.
- Recommending and implementing engineering design changes required to adapt technical requirements
- Performing daily review of audit, security, and application logs and identifies problem areas or trends and takes the proper action and generates required reports
- Configuring and designing RAID configurations on systems to preserve critical information
- Supporting management of VLANs, VRF, virtual switching, multi-layer switching, Multi-layer Firewalls, ACLs, secure configuration, bulk link encryption (KGs)
- Supporting account management, PKI cert management, LDAP configuration/management
- Establishing and maintaining up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices
- Conducting weekly cybersecurity system audits to support ICD503 and INFOSEC requirements
- Supporting critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience; or
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification
- Experience integrating and managing network devices and appliances within a classified environment
- Demonstrated experience in deploying virtualized environments and deploying ground-up builds (GUBs)
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining Windows and Linux environments to customer specifications
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of scripting languages and implementation for system automation
- Active TS/SCI with Poly preferred
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification
- Linux+ Certification
- Working knowledge of RMF and cybersecurity requirements
- Ability to integrate RMF principles into ground-up builds
- Previous experience supporting DoD & IC Government customers
- Experience with continuous integration, build management, and/or automated test frameworks
- Hardware/software requirement verification/system validation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with testing applications such as Jenkins, TestComplete, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and/or Bitbucket
- Ability to travel CONUS up to 10%
- Demonstrated self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent task
- Demonstrated scripting experience (Bash/Shell, Python, Perl) to provide System Administration efficiencies
- Experience in highly technical programs, both commercial and governmental
- Ability to thrive and communicate in a matrix organization
- Clear and concise briefing ability of technical projects to non-technical audiences and customers
- Experience in non-traditional classified environments
- Understanding of SIGINT
- Experience deploying and managing edge devices such as PepLink, Fortinet, Cisco, and Juniper protection mechanisms
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.