Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Systems Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Chantilly, Virginia; Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20222505-82943
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Systems Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Job Code: SAS20212110-71365
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3Harris Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team. Responsible for providing technical guidance and oversite to the Systems Engineering team on a space battle management-C2 project and collaborate with others. This position will develop a common technical approach and harmonize the architecture of the various government provided equipment/SW for the program and other space enterprise C2 efforts. The SE team will be responsible for developing a target architecture and migrating the current systems to that architecture. They will integrate with third party applications and services into the target architecture. Additional responsibilities will include facilitating close collaboration with the customer and key stakeholders throughout all phases of the system lifecycle for the program mission space through regular and continual communication with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience in the space surveillance, space C2 and have an in-depth understanding networking and Information Assurance technology and techniques. This trusted member of the team will work in Northern Va. Travel around CONUS will be required.
We have a long history of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers. In this position, you will bring your systems engineering background to a system engineering role where you can make a broad impact to programs and projects that are critical to our customers.
- Performing hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- System specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management
- Responsibility for verifying all requirements are met using the approved verification method and documenting the verification results
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis tools to support national security space analysis activities.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and operations
- Use modeling and simulation analyses to support design validation and mission benefit analyses
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses
- Interaction with customers and provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance of senior technical personnel
- Contribute to the development of new concepts to enhance mission operations
- Support the development of technological concepts which improve system performance and mission capabilities
- May act as a technical lead for limited aspects of a project
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- 9 years of Systems Engineering experience and knowledge of Systems Engineering processes
- Experience in decomposition of govt requirements to system, subsystem and component requirements
- Experience with Space Situational Awareness (SSA), Space Control, Space Superiority Mission Areas
- Experience with projects heavy in SW development and integration into a larger enterprise
- Experience in the preparation of technical papers, trades, systems engineering process modification, throughout all phases of the development lifecycle and proposal lifecycle development
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with Space Situational Awareness (SSA) or Space Control Mission Area
- Experience with the Space Command and Control Systems
- Experience with the application of orbital mechanics to Space Situational Awareness (SSA)
- Experienced with Space Base SDA operation and system architecture
- Experienced with command and control system operational CONOPS
- Experienced with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and System Modeling Language (SyML)
- Experienced in Continuous integration and or Agile Development techniques
- Experienced with radar and/or electro-optical SDA operations and system architecture
- Experienced and has developed innovative approaches to accelerate schedule or reduced development costs while maintaining good engineering principles and adhering to the intent of the L3Harris Corp processes.
- Experienced in setting up new development projects in schedule driven environment
- Familiarity with cyber security requirement and processes with respect to design implementation
- Familiarity with radar and electro optical sensors used to detect and track space objects
- Familiarity with geosynchronous, highly elliptical, low, and medium earth orbit mission operations and analysis
- Familiarity with Special Perturbations (SP)(state vectors) and High Accuracy Catalog (HAC) analysis at the Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC)/18th SpCS or equivalent environment
- Familiarity with statistical methods
- Familiarity with Combatant Commander Integrated Command and Control System (CCIC2S) or Integrated Space Command and Control (ISC2) Programs
- Familiar with JSpOC Mission System (JMS)
- Flexibility to travel for customer purposes
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $122,500.00 - $227,500.00 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.