Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Systems Engineer - Chief Systems Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Chantilly, VirginiaJob ID SAS20222106-84661
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Systems Engineer - Chief Systems Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Job Code: SAS20222106-84661
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
As a Chief Systems Engineer, you will lead a Systems Engineering team in design, development, implementation, testing and training of/for command and control systems for our warfighters. This position supports the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) division, a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to engineering and enjoy working together. This position will develop a common technical approach for innovation and harmonize the prototyping development across the various government provided equipment/SW concepts for the program. The SE team will be responsible to help drive the overarching architecture, schedule, and development processes of our Customer’s Space Control application. Team members will work with industry and government leaders to define the approach for serval different focus areas.
We have a long history of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers. In this position, you will bring your systems engineering background to a system engineering role where you can make a broad impact to programs and projects that are critical to our customers.
- Support a multi-contractor working group responsible for the implementation of an integrated agile development management approach
- Capable of prioritizing and linking program epics and features being developed by the capability development and supporting development groups.
- Must be able to develop and maintain an On-Boarding Guide which identifies the series of conversations across the portfolio (planning software, sensor/support software, entity management software, tactical coordination, data-interfaces, and cross-domain solutions).
- Lead a multi-contractor working group responsible for coordinating with representatives from the operational customer to identify CONOPS, CONEMPS, scenarios and mission flows and coordinate operator-training on the Space capability.
- Identifies and prioritizes external interfaces and data needs in support of an external Capability Development Group.
- Experience in documenting design patterns for interoperability with external mission systems (i.e. OCX, FORGE, Air Domain C2, Cyber Domain C2).
- Support Contract Working Group scope includes defining a minimal set of digital/systems engineering artifacts needed across common types of development efforts, digital twin best practices and patterns as well as code-reuse and model generation best practices.
- Design and development of best practices and patterns for code and operations-based generation of SE artifacts.
- Develop new algorithms/ processes, enhance current tool capabilities, & research emerging technology
- Systems Engineering in an Agile paradigm
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Familiar with MBSE modelling (Use Cases/Activity Diagrams/Sequence Diagrams)
- Familiar with Systems/Software Architecture
- Familiar with Security (MLS and Cyber)
- Understanding UI/UX user design
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to negotiate solutions among functional groups (Systems Engineering, Mission Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.).
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills demonstrated by related work experience.
- Previous experience in (i.e. OCX, FORGE, Air Domain C2, Cyber Domain C2).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.