Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Software Engineer / Architect TS/SCI
Chantilly, Virginia; Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20222206-84892
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Scientist, Software Engineer / Architect
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3Harris is looking for a Senior Software Architect to lead the design, and oversee the development, integration, test, and operationalization of a secure, flexible, and open systems architecture mission framework that supports rapid third-party software integration focused on space domain protection. The lead architect will work in an Agile and DevSecOps environment to provide a platform where new capabilities can be rapidly integrated with existing ones. The selected candidate will lead development of a new program with mission unique software to be integrated with existing and new capabilities.
- The Senior Software Architect participates in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure
- Lead and collaborate with engineers from various engineering disciplines to determine and develop functional and non-functional requirements of new and existing capabilities
- Provide Technical Leadership as well as Product Ownership support into developing backlog items and managing agile software scrum teams to develop mission applications products
- Creating architectural approaches for software design and implementation, including high-level product specifications and design documents, to guide the development team
- Provide technical guidance and assist the development team throughout the software development life cycle
- Lead and support recurring functional capability demos
- Provide technical support for this bid/proposal effort
- Design complex, intricate software systems and the required support engineering
- Provide expertise to and coordinate with a team of cross-functional engineers to provide solutions to a large customer base, which requires both traditional, and Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) support
- Work with remote teams and travel as needed for SW integration activities
- Assist in the development of all system documentation and deliverables to include, but not limited to, accreditation artifacts, certifications, and software source code
- Provide leadership for multiple programs and products
- Prepare and present briefings/workshops/tutorials for supported engineers, management, customers and intra-company working groups
- Analyze continuously the DevOps environment for technical and process improvements
- Lead and collaborate with aerospace and software engineers to develop the best solutions for the problems at hand
- Provide organizational and leadership with strong communication and presentation skills
- Utilize analytical ability to see both big picture and small details
- Lead an agile team with diverse multi-site geographical team collaboration
- Active TS/SCI clearance or Top Secret SCI Eligible
- B.S. degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline and 12 years of experience with software development; or a Master’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline and 10 years of experience with software development
- Experience with Software, computer architectures, software architectures, object-oriented programs experience
- Experience with Agile processes and methodologies
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and processes
- Experience deploying open source tools and understanding of issues regarding use
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or GovCloud
- Experience with Agile tools (Atlassian – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience managing a team of software engineers
- Experience as a software lead with an object-oriented programming language (C#, Java)
- Experience with Git, SVN
- Experience with microservices based software architecture
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux Systems
- Experience with Space Systems highly desired
- Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks
- Experience integrating, testing, and deploying software applications to operations
- Experience with Artifact Repositories: Maven, NPM, Docker Registry
- Familiar with platform development paradigms
- Military program experience using FACE, OMS and UxAS technologies
- Proficiency with Model Based Design(MBD) tools
- Design with MOSA/SOSA
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.