Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Program Manager
Chantilly, VirginiaJob ID SAS20221006-83886
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20221006-83886
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
L3 Harris is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join a dynamic multi-disciplinary team supporting a Government customer. This position will lead a software team and report to the overall Contract Program Manager. A successful candidate will lead a high performing team of software and system engineers and work effectively with other senior business development leadership and functional entities that focus on the Space Mission. The candidate will be pivotal to program execution, developing pursuit and capture plans and business strategy, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, and interfacing with customers to close on contract orders to meet annual operating and strategic growth plans. The successful candidate will have proven experience in program management and growing a DoD Sales Pipeline that is focused on delivering Space mission solutions. The candidate should have experience and demonstrated the ability to lead a geographically dispersed team of high performing professionals while developing new talent within this business.
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes, and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
• Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
• Drives program execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, and operating income
• Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the program and ensures compliance with customer requirements
• Identifies, plans, and executes campaign strategies relative to business capture for Space-C2 capabilities
• Plans and directs Space Systems engagement activities in support of customer and industry related meetings and conferences as a thought leader for Space-C2 capability
• Works closely with business leadership within the Space Superiority and Geospatial Sector and across the Space and Airborne Systems
• Participates in the Talent Management process for all direct reports
• Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with the ability to obtain SAP
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and minimum of 9 years relevant experience; Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
• 2+ years’ experience supporting Government Program(s) of Record
• 2+ years’ experience leading Agile software development efforts
• 2+ years' experience managing schedule performance and scope completion
• 2+ years' experience of direct customer communication
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Direct experience in Space Command and Control operations
• Familiarity with technologies that are applied to Space Command and Control or Space Domain Awareness
• Dynamic, success driven, self-starter that drives change every day for a stronger, better business with proven leadership and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated skills in program management principles with the ability to excel in a cost and schedule constrained environment
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong formal presentation skills
• Risk/Change Management and Earned Value Management experience
• Demonstrated leadership of a dynamic/geographically separated work force
• Ability to Travel – Up to 10%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.