Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Network Plan Engineer TS/SCI - Chantilly, VA
Chantilly, VirginiaJob ID SAS20222709-91087
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Network Plan Engineer
Job Code: SAS20222709-91087
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and modeling. Designs, analyzes, plans, and modifies network components and/or software by translating customer requirements and objectives into final product design. Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- 3-6 years of network engineering experience with IP networks.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers.
- Experience in configuring & hardening routers, switches, firewalls VOIP and Satellite long-haul communications capability.
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives.
- Kubernetes and Rancher experience
- Participate in inter-program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges
- Create and maintain documentation and training for engineering and NOC teams
- Experience with leading network vendors such as HP/HPE, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, F5
- Experience implementing and managing carrier grade network and network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet technologies.
- Cloud networking experience
- Experience in the configuration and implementation of Type-1 encryption used in encryption of data in transit (KG family of encryptors).
- In depth implementation and troubleshooting experience of IP networks.
- Knowledge of IP technologies such as Netflow, TCP and UDP signaling, IS-IS, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, iBGP, eBGP, MPLS Layer 3 VPNs, Pseudowire, Ethernet switching, and EXU messaging.
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management.
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization.
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think critically in high pressure environments.
- Travel as required for integration and test efforts (up to 40%), with some foreign travel expected.
- CCNA or equivalent vendor certification.
- Work is 100% on-site and cannot be accomplished remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Top Secret / SCI security clearance required.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 2 certification.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CCNP or equivalent vendor certification is preferred.
- Ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Multicast, Layer 2, Cisco IOS(s), IP routing [BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP], HSRP and physical layer issues (Ethernet, Optical, TDM)).
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications
- TS/SCI security clearance w/CI Polygraph is highly desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.