Information Systems Security Specialist - Linux
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Information Systems Security Specialist - Linux
Job Code: SIP3
Job Location: Centreville, VA
Seeking an experienced Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to join the ISSE Team at L3Harris Adaptive Methods in Centreville VA and support the configuration, administration, and maintenance of the Engineering infrastructure and assets. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting the ISSE Lead with Linux / Windows administration, assisting with building and configuring customized operating systems, assisting with maintaining GFE inventory, and supporting cybersecurity compliance verification
- TIER I/II Linux and Windows administration and maintenance
- Support in building, maintenance, and configuration of Engineering development environment
- Cybersecurity control implementation and verification
- Documentation of security controls and implementations
- Maintenance of GFE inventory
- Must possess DoD SECRET Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline and at least 4 years of experience in related field.
- Experience in Linux / Windows administration
- Experience in Linux / Windows shell scripting
- Attention to detail
- Experience using Windows Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Physical ability to lift approx. 50lbs and work in a server room environment
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with NIST RMF Guidelines (NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, DISA STIG, etc.) to include interpretation and implementation of Security Controls
- Familiarity with maintaining an Authorization to Operate (ATO)
- Familiarity with network and application security
- Experience with GFE / Inventory management
- Linux Kickstart / Anaconda configuration
- Experience with operating system configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Linux / Windows Auditing software
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.