Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Spec, Systems Engineering
Carlsbad, CaliforniaJob ID CS20231703-98505
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Systems Engineer
Job Code: CS20231703-98505
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA
Job Schedule: 5/40
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Senior Specialist to join our team. This position will be based at our Carlsbad, CA facility.
As a Senior Specialist, Systems Engineer, you will work on important DoD programs and projects that provide systems to support command and control, surveillance, intelligence, weapon status, and situational awareness communications over Tactical Data Links including Link 16. You will enjoy interacting with multidisciplinary teams (digital, RF, mechanical, and software) to integrate and test terminals and systems. You will develop test plans and procedures to perform requirements verification of the system and execute manual and automated test cases, as well as perform verification and validation of requirements, document test results, perform regression testing, failure analysis, and create discrepancy reports. You will also have the opportunity to develop reusable automated test cases for regression, stability and new feature testing and develop test software to automate testing and use database software to document test cases, track test progress, and document trouble reports. Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Minimum of 2 years' of experience in test automation software development using LabVIEW, Python or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in system test engineering
- Validated knowledge in RF test and measurement
- Proven understanding of RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, power meters, crystal detectors, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, digital signal generators and arbitrary waveform generators
- Ability to develop and execute system level software test plans and procedures (Test Stand, LabView, Python)
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills including negotiating and relationship management
- Good communication skills with ability to convey both detailed explanations and high-level status updates
- JTAG, digital/analog functional and RF parametric test development
- Link 16 or other Tactical Data Link experience is a plus
- Ability to review raw test data to identify, isolate, solve, and correct test setup issues, and unit failures.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $80,000 - $148,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.