L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Machinist
Job Code: SAS20202906-47135
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Review designs sent in from engineering for programming, set-up, and running the part(s).
- Work from part drawings and solid models to program, set-up, and run parts on CNC vertical mills.
- Work from finished print drawings to set-up manual machining equipment and program/run Prototrak equipment as needed.
- Operate the turning operations on a tool room lathe at a high level, including single point threading.
- Use support equipment such as drill presses, band and cut-off saws, shears, and brakes.
- Be able to work independently and skillfully on moderately complex parts.
- Be familiar with machining aluminum, stainless steels, and a large variety of plastics.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years’ experience running general machine (Mills, Lathes, etc.) equipment.
- 4+ years’ experience running CNC machines.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with engineering drawing software such as Solidworks.
- Proficient with Mastercam programming software.
- Proficient with Prototrak type milling machines.
- Proficiency with 3 axis machining centers, such as HAAS, a plus.
- Be able to understand and follow all shop safety rules and regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and computer proficient.
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.