Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Carlsbad, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20212603-58742
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Position: Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Job ID: SAS20212603-58742
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Performs ISSO duties under the guidance of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) on assigned government-authorized systems. Knowledgeable in information technology and security. Responsibilities include: authoring and maintaining documentation supporting the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of assigned systems in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) under the ICD503, JSIG and NISPOM; performing security control assessments as part of the systems’ Continuous Monitoring Plan; overseeing configuration management of assigned systems; works with IT organization to develop device and system hardening guides following DISA and NIST guidelines; auditing systems to ensure security posture integrity; conducting periodic hardware/software inventory assessments; identifying system security controls shortcomings and developing POA&Ms; remediate control deficiencies; conducts, documents and reports annual self-assessments; maintaining operational information security posture for a system, program, or enclave; investigating security incidents such as data spills, data integrity and malicious events; authoring and delivering security education training to range of audience levels.
- Author and maintain Assessment & Authorization (A&A) documentation of Assigned systems
- Perform security control assessments and Continuous Monitoring Plans
- Work with IT and system administration organizations to develop device and system hardening guides following DISA and NIST guidelines
- Responsible for customer interface in the tracking and resolution of POA&Ms
- Ensures all systems are rigorously monitored for anomalous activity
- Manage the spillage response process for their program areas of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity or a related discipline with 6+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree in similar discipline with 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- DoDI 8570.01 IAM II certification
- 3+ years’ experience with networking equipment
- 3+ years’ experience interpreting vulnerability scanning results (preferably Nessus or Tenable Security Center)
- 3+ years’ experience with SIEM or UBA tools
- 5+ years’ experience reviewing workstation, server, firewall, & IPS logs
- 2+ years' experience as an ISSO managing cybersecurity on classified systems under multiple agencies’ JSIG, NISPOM Ch8, ICD 503, and/or NIST 800-53 implementations
- 2+ years' xperience developing, managing, and providing evidence to close POA&Ms associated with the A&A and project management processes
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Server operating systems
- DoDI 8570.01 IAM III certification
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities
- Able to socialize ideas, make recommendations, and gain team consensus
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills, customer relationship building skills, analytical skills and ability to lead/mentor teammates
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.