Specialist Field Service Engineer
Cape Canaveral, FloridaJob ID AS20211204-59545
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist Field Service Engineer
Job Code: AS20211204-59545
Job Location: Cape Canaveral, FL.
Job Description: The successful candidate will join the Integrated Technical Service organization in support of Flight Test Instrumentation for the Navy’s SWS programs. The Radar Field Engineer selected for this position will perform technical support for the installation, grooming, operation, maintenance, and modification of complex electronic systems to include Radar, RF, Satellite communication, data recording, and software operating and interfacing sytems.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance on C-Band and X- Band tracking Radar Systems within the Integrated Technical Service (ITS) organization to achieve customer satisfaction, and achieve acceptable quality deliverables within customer contract requirements and IEC processes and procedures. Knowledge of radar operations and maintenance a must. Hands-on maintenance experience of military and/or civilian radar systems down to sub-system and component level, including antenna, transmitter, receiver, signal generation and processing, computers, software, and data recording systems required. Provide recommendations for equipment upgrades and new development. Interface with internal customers (Engineering, Program Office, Operations).
- Serve as radar installer, operator and maintainer on Navy Strategic System Programs (SSP) radars, both land and sea-based. Test Range Instrumentation Systems experience on MIPIR and tracking radars desired. Field support experience also desirable. Individual should be a self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision. Ability and willingness to travel to off-site locations and provide at sea support onboard surface ships as required.
- Prepare documentation for all work performed
- Interface with other contractor representatives and engineers to provide technical expertise to resolve technical problems
- Write instructions and perform system modifications and proofing.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time as required
- Willingness and ability to support Shipboard at sea operations as required
- Current active Top Secret security clearance is required
- Associate degree in electronics or equivalent electronics training in a military or civilian technical school and 4 years experience on Radar systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Quality Assurance (QA) experience, including IPC-610/620 and J-STD certifications.
- Strong microsoft word and excell skills
- Strong ability to communication both written and verbally
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.